There is a reason why you need a refrigeration plant in your Dairy
After pasteurising at a specific temperature, the milk needs cooling to a particular process temperature. In a Plate Heat Exchanger, this can almost take place by heat recovery, — up to 94% of the added heat is recovered.
But external cooling must be available for the Pasteuriser and other Dairy processing
Mejeriet prefer Ice water with a temperature of around +1-2° C – No risk of freezing
An Ice water unit can consist of
- Compressor – Free choice of refrigerant.
- Evaporator — A water tank with many meters of tubes folded closely in the water were 25 to 35mm of ice is building upon the line, keeping the water at 1½° C
- Condenser with a fan to remove accumulated heat from the water
- Pump to circulate the ice water to where is needed.
- Consider alarm system – You can’t do Business without cooling.
When milk products is in the package, it’s essential for the self life to keep the temperature as low as possible, but above 0° C .
Consider the following for your Cold store.
- The level of control in the Cold Store
- Make sure there is a drain — For cleaning & outlet of condensate.
- Make sure it can Auto-defrost
- Back-up for both Cooling & Monitoring
- Recording probes should be independent of control probes
- Calibration of Recording/Monitoring should be done regularly.
- Type of alarm systems.
Refrigeration systems play such a big role in the Dairy process, that Mejeriet only deals with companies that have the license to handle the system.
Just like using a GPS, Mejeriet is the best place to ask for theoretical & practical Dairy experience. That makes it possible for a joint Dairy owner to manage all aspects of their production.
More info about Cooling equipment
Contact us for a Budget price for your Cooling equipments.