Make no mistake
It’s hard work to make a franchise brand World famous, but it can be done. Mejeriet can support you with a lot of the basic thoughts — The questionnaire below is from our preliminary evaluation documents
- Does the franchisor provide an initial business and product-training programme for you?
- If so, how long, what exactly is the content and who pays for it?
- Does the franchisor provide pre-launch advertising and promotions?
- Will the franchisor provide a launch team to help you open, and if so, who pays?
- Does the franchisor help select and train your staff? Are there any restrictions on which you can employ?
- Does the franchisor provide an operating manual that explains all aspects of running the business?
- Who pays for the initial opening supplies?
- What provision does the franchisor make for counselling and advice with operating problems? (Ask to meet the staff responsible for providing such a service.)
- Does the franchisor provide regular post-opening training, if necessary?
- Is there a system for inspecting a franchisee’s business operations?
- How is quality control monitored both on franchisor supplies and franchisee operations?
- What business systems are provided, such as book-keeping, stock control etc.?
- Can the franchisor advise on appropriate professional help accountants, surveyors, lawyers etc.?
- Is an initial supply of business stationery etc. included in the package?
- Can the franchisor prove that his support systems really work?